Exam and Screening
Individual membership is open to engineers, occupational health scientists, environmentalists, medical and health practitioners, scientists, and anyone who desires to legally practice safety management in Nigeria.
Admission to individual membership is subject to meeting the specified qualifications, rules, regulations and conditions of the Institute's constitution and General Policy Guidelines.
A person may be admitted into any of the following membership categories depending on the quality of their credentials, industry experience and performance during the membership exercise.
Individual Membership Categories
1. Student member: granted to students in NUC accredited institutions or other institutions approved by ISPON.
2. Graduate member (GISPN): granted to holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor degree in relevant disciplines.
3. Associate member (AISPN): granted to persons who have obtained a master’s degree or who have at least 2 years working experience in safety related functions.
4. Member (MISPN): granted to persons who have minimum of 10 years industry experience in safety related functions.
5. Fellow (FISPN): granted to persons who have been a member for minimum of 15 years and who have contributed remarkably to the advancement of safety profession and the Institute.
6. Honourary Fellow: granted to persons who are not safety practitioners but have contributed remarkably towards the advancement of safety in Nigeria. This is awarded based on nomination.
7. Life member (LMISPN): granted to highly deserving Fellows based on their contributions to safety profession and the Institute.
Requirements for Individual Membership Registration1. HND or BSc degree in relevant discipline from NUC or ISPON approved Institutions
2. General Health, Safety and Environment (General HSE) and HSE Level 3 training certificates awarded by ISPON
3. Updated CV showing relevant industry experience in safety functions
4. A project report on any safety related topic of your choice
5. A referee who must be MISPN
6. A recommendation letter from employer where applicable
7. Evidence of payment for membership registration
8. A successful participation in the professional examination and screening