Volunteers and Ambassadors- Grassroots Safety Development Initiative projectGSDI Volunteers: individuals and organisations who will voluntarily use their experience, time, and other necessary resources to promote safety awareness and achieve the objectives of Grassroots Safety Development Initiative. As a Volunteer, you will help coordinate the project, work with other volunteers, help collate reports, coordinate with community stakeholders, LGI representatives, etc.
General Requirements for Volunteers: interested persons must have good leadership skills, effective communication in English language, presentation skills, highly organized, ability to use virtual platforms, prepare documents in MS-Word, Excel sheets and PowerPoints. Organisations that will be listed must be legally registered in Nigeria or in the country where they are located.
GSDI Ambassadors:selected individuals and influencers who can use their personality and influence to drive safety awareness and promote the objectives of Grassroots Safety Development Initiative. Ambassadors will be selected directly by the Institute. However, interested persons may write to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered as Ambassadors.
General Requirements for Ambassadors: strong and reputable public personality, verifiable track records of excellence in safety practice, passion to promote public safety awareness.
How You Can Volunteer
1. GSDI Trainer: Volunteers working with the Institute to deliver awareness training in various locations physically and virtually.
Requirements: interested persons must have good leadership skills, presentation skills, highly organized, ability to use virtual platforms, prepare documents in MS-Word, Excel sheets and PowerPoints.
Ability to communicate effectively in English language, pidgin, Ikwerre, Igbo or other popular languages spoken in Rivers State is desired.
2. Social Media Volunteers: Social media influencers, marketers, OAPs and others who will help to promote the GSDI project on various platforms including radio, television, news papers, Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
Requirements: interested persons must have good leadership skills, good presence on social media platforms, be able to promote GSDI at least twice a week on their various platforms.
3. GSDI Training Coordinators: Volunteers working with the Institute to organize the training. You will help make arrangements with different local government areas, universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, communities, trade unions, religious organizations, etc.
4. GSDI Linkages: Volunteers working with the Institute to secure sponsorship for the GSDI project. You will identify potential sponsors, provide their links for the Institute and help secure sponsorship.
Requirements: interested persons must have proven integrity, effective communication.
5. GSDI Content Creator: Volunteers working with the Institute to create articles, videos, skits, graphics designs, digital posters, news etc to promote safety awareness in line with the GSDI objectives .
Requirements: interested persons must be creative, able to use relevant graphics design and video editing tools, good writing and speaking skills.
Anyone who can help in translating articles from English language into any other local dialects is also encouraged to volunteer.